Monday, March 23, 2009

Engine of Atheism

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed is a very interesting movie. Many people may question the content but it's basically about how neo-darwinism scientists are "expelling" scientists who are advocates of I.D. or Intelligent Design.

About 48 minutes into the film, I figure it out. I figure out the reason why people would even throw Christianity or even religion out the door. Basically it's that people stop caring.

You see, you have religious conservatives and religious liberals. When the two are in disagreement with each other, a rift develops between the populous. Then skeptics say "hey, why do you believe in that stuff anyway, if you were an atheist you wouldn't be caught in the middle of this religious politics". Well...that's one hypothesis anyway; people just stop caring and join in with skeptics without fully knowing what they're throwing away and conforming to secular ideas.

Why Should People Care
People should care because losing your religion is actually a big deal. The big deal in my opinion, is that people will lose their identity, and make the world harsher than it already is. It's really not that hard to grasp, look, people are throwing away their faith, things that they used to believe in for what? Nothing?

Lets take it from a financial perspective. If I put my money into stocks knowing I'll get the greatest return to support my family and put my kid through college, why on earth would I throw that away? It's the same thing with Christianity, if you know that you're putting your faith into a belief knowing the that you are guaranteed supreme happiness, why would anyone in their right mind pass that up for nothing?

How do you know that God does not exist? You don't know or you don't care?

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you have to say. I read all of your post and am subscribing to your blog as well. Keep up the writing dude.

    I am going to put a link to your blog on my blog at www.briankulp.com. I write my opinions about faith and things of that sort as well :)

    Blessings,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete